Directions to the Horse Creek Bed and Breakfast---from Hysham, Montana
(Easily found --- trust these directions and refer to the Montana State Map as well)
1. Return to Interstate 94 (exit 67) and turn left onto the onramp going east (as if you were driving back towards Forsyth & Miles City).
2. Drive 5 miles east to exit 72 and turn right (this is the Sarpy Creek Exit). At the top of this off ramp exit 72, turn right (you will now be traveling south).
3. You will now start watching for “mile marker” signs. These signs are found on any highway / Interstate as markers, helping to identify location. These signs are approximately 8 inches wide and 14 inches tall---green body with white lettering and border. These signs are located on your left hand side—the drivers side—the east side of the road.
4. Drive to mile marker 32 and just slightly beyond this marker, you will find a sign on your left for the Horse Creek Road (the sign is approximately 10 inches tall and 3 feet wide—green body / white lettering).
5. Turn left and note your odometer reading because you will travel 5 miles exactly from this turnoff to the location of the Horse Creek Bed and Breakfast.
6. At approximately 4½ miles you will find a house on your left, and at approximately 4¼ miles, you will drive past a light tan colored house on your left with metal and wood buildings for ranch animals (cows and horses). Another ¼ mile and on the right side is the Horse Creek B&B sign –4 feet by 7 feet—can’t miss it!
Travelers to Montana have to learn to trust maps and directions because of the wide open spaces—but, rest assured, the destinations you seek are there.
There is a little pioneer spirit in all of us—the excitement of exploring and discovering.
Those of us who live in Montana know by experience the enjoyment of living on these lands and enjoy sharing it with visitors.
Watch for wildlife and enjoy the drive—about 25 minutes.